Thursday, October 05, 2006

Ok, I'll update

Well I'll do as Sasha told us, I will update. I started studying again in the first week of september. I was planning to finish my bachelor Human Geography & Planning this year, and then write one thesis for my history and geography bachelor's both. But last week I found out that I wasn't allowed to take the amount of courses I wanted to follow, so I had to postpone my geography bachelor. Too bad. But if I can get into a research master I might just finish geography along that master. But if I am not good enough to do the research master I would like to do a sport history master abroad. And then I have to either first finish geography and work for half a year and then go abroad, or quit geography and go abroad right away. Anyway, I was quite pissed off by the fact that I can't fullfill my own study planning, just because uni is being conservative.
But it is not just bad news. Don't be afraid! I got installed in the board of the Utrecht Students of History Association last week. Which means that I am now the president of a nice association with 1200 members and that I have to go to parties of other student associations wearing my fancy suit and congratulate new boards by holding speeches. If I am not careful I might even feel important.
It might have struck you by now that I did not mention my cycling yet, but that is because it is october, the month of (as we say within my cycling team) the time for booze and women. Which for me involves not much alcohol and just one woman, but hey, still I have one month off my beloved Santos. Ok, not totally, I still work as a bike messenger and cycle now and then when the weather is reasonably good. Last week, by the way, me and my team had the national championships team time trial. Team time trial is a race where teams of six start one minute behind each other, and the team with the best time wins. We became 13th which was the best result in, say, 20 years or more. Of the 89 teams we were 13th, incredible! The small Swift team, but as our name points out, we might be small, but we are swift. Ha!
And now I am going to indulge in one of my other hobbies: sleeping. Ahhhh, I am going to lie in my bed and dream of York and you lot.
(by the way, I watched a great episode of House tonight and Mock the week on BBC2)

3 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Blogger Sasha said...

do you allways do what i tell you? Where were you thinking of studying a abroad, york again? Or are you going all posh with Oxbridge?

 
At 1:18 AM, Blogger Erik van L said...

Ehm, depends on where they offer a sport history master. I might even go to Berlin or Vienna. Or england, maybe.

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Someone, anyone, please come to England! It's creepy here without you guys- I'm surrounded by Canadians and English people (eek!). (Yes, I said Canadians. Everyone in my new house is apparently from the cold land to the North.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home