Saturday, January 27, 2007

My New Home In The Northwest Side of Philly

Hey guys, I've been in Philadelphia for a week now. I haven't been able to take any pictures, but I found a website, Skyscraper Sunset, that has a great selection of pictures of my own neighborhood (which is called Manayunk). Here are some of them:















I live on this street. Walk forward and you'll see the old Manayunk canal, the Skuylkill river, and the Skuylkill expressway (Interstate 76). I don't know if the railroad bridge is in use, but this should give you an impression of the hills in the area!




























SEPTA, the regional transit system. This line through my neighborhood reminds me of the "El" in Chicago.


















Typical street in Manayunk.


Go here to find albums of other cities, including Philly, NYC, Amsterdam, London, San Fran., and Seattle. That covers most of us, now doesn't it? I've always been a skyscraperphile, and hopefully with some money I can get back into the habit and start photo-documenting some cities myself.

3 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Blogger Erik van L said...

Hey Dave,

Look at this. Richard Hammond about his crash...
http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/9484/904b3802/index.html

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Sasha said...

the pictures are really beautiful. I'm glad you're enjoying your new neighbourhood! Hows the job going?

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger Chiara said...

Your new home looks very nice!!
..I've heard aboout the new album by the shins..have you already heard it?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home