Friday, December 29, 2006

Something's Fresh In Denmark

The Danes are happy. Happiest people in Europe (maybe in the world). Why is this? I want to go to Denmark to find out. Since Erik, Sasha, and Lisa have been to Denmark, perhaps they can shed some light on the reasons for Danish contentedness.




















Above is a happiness survey trend chart for European countries. Click on it for the paper. The Dutch also appear to be quite happy. The Mediterranean countries tend to be less happy than the Germanic countries. Why is this so? Very contrary to popular opinion in the US.

Speaking of the Danes, I really like the song "Special" by the Danish bad Mew. Check it out. I think Chiara would like it, and the rest of you probably would as well.

5 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Blogger Sasha said...

Danish chicks are hooot. I mean 6 ft tall blonde model on bike with short skirt hot. The men ain't bad looking. The capital is clean. They are surrounded by water. They have the nicest museum I have ever seen. So lets see good looking+nice city planning+culture+money+sunny weather in summer = happy?

 
At 12:54 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

There's also insanely delicious hamburgers. Good shopping. Nice architecture. And yes, that is one of the coolest museums that I have ever seen (and even better, it has free entry). Yup, it's a happy place.

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Chiara said...

..I think they are happy because they are perfect. They have less problem than people in the south. We have more sun but everything is a mess here. There is no organization, we have no laws, well, we have laws but nobody respect them! I went to Austria one week ago and I was impressed by people, they are very quite, nobody spoke on the underground or on buses..everywhere there was silence and order. I think countries in North Europe are more "civilized" then Italian people. As you can see I'm changing my mind about italy and italians.

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger David said...

Haha, not perfect but I think I know what you mean.

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Sasha said...

i like crazy italians. They may not be more happy overall but they do seem to have a lot of fun! Besides Italian men are hot (though they do have the stereotype of being kind of, how shall I put this, sleazy).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home