Saturday, January 06, 2007

Epiphany!!

Hellooooo!!
Happy Epiphany!!!
Today in Italy it's a big holyday because an old woman called Befana, similar to a witch, is bringing presents to all the good children!! She is older than Santa Claus and was more popular than him until the sixties..As always we celebrated with food ( strange, isn't it?!:-D)
Do you have Befana in other countries?!
..my wish for 2007?!It's to meet you all again!!..just one year ago I was in York having the worst meal in the world with Marta: pasta, mushroom and oil, it was disgusting, the worst I have ever cooked!! :-DDD..we couldn't even imagined it was the beginnning of a wonderful adventure that we will never forget!!
I MISS YOU!!!
Big kisses from Italy!

2 Comments:

At 1:19 AM, Blogger Erik van L said...

We don't have Befana, but we have Saint Nicholas on the 5th of december. He comes on a steam boat from Madrid to Holland, together with his white horse and his black helpers (they are all called Pete, Black Pete). He brings us gifts and poems.
It is incredible to realise it's been a year since I came to York and met you. On the first day in York I had an ear infection and couldn't join the others for a drink. I felt quite stupid, but I was reliefed that this did not set the tone for the rest of the year. The rest of the year was great, thanks to you lot. I hope 2007 will bring the same joy, happiness and adventure as 2006 did!

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Sasha said...

I know the christmas celebrations in Italy last a long long time. My friend Davida and I were in Viennce for christmas and Milian the day after. There was no one out in Milian! The streets were like a ghost town. Really spooky. Most Americans just celebrate christmas on the day. Usualy I celebrate Hannuka and Christmas (Jew's have 8 days of Celebrating, and food. We're like the Italians every holiday revolves around food.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home