Sunday, November 12, 2006

Don't Miss The Bus, Gus

I'm currently in my favorite city of Chicago, have some time on hand, and I figured I'd tell you guys what's news. I'm still working for FedEx, only now I work for McGraw-Hill as well. They publish textbooks... and it's another job where I play with boxes. It's not fun, and I don't fit in with the culture at warehouses, so I'm often very miserable. But its 65-70 hours a week and provides for decent paychecks. Hopefully I'll start paying off my York debt soon.

If I don't land a decent job after graduating in December, I may move and change jobs again. Its hard for me to sit still without being in school or using my brain in some meaningful manner. I'm hoping to apply to grad schools soon... some of them in Europe and some here in the states. Maastricht and Erasmus look nice, as does LSE, if my grades are good enough. Unfortunately, I missed an exam in York and that makes things more complicated. Other than that my performance had been pretty good. I'm also missing the dating scene, which is non-existent for me at the jobs where I'm employed.

I hope you guys are doing well.

2 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger Sasha said...

It's hard to get used to working in such a physical and ristricted environment after Uni... which is why I'm quiting my deli job. Sounds like you have a good plan going. Don't worry about the ladies, once you get back to europe they'll be all over you. Asking if you watch the OC and play american football.

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger Chiara said...

it's frustating to work for something you don't like and that it's useful for you, but you have to think it's just to earn money. I think you have a lot of chances in your field, so hang on! who knows what tomorrow brings!?
ciao Dave!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home