Tuesday, August 22, 2006

California Woods




that's me in Muir woods today. The U.N. had their first meeting ever in San Francisco, and delegates visited Muir Woods shortly after Franklin D. Roosevelt death in order to show solidarity with his ideas that nature pulled together all humans. Muir Woods is an old growth forest with redwood trees reaching hundreds of feet in the air. It lies about an hour outside of San Francisco and gets millions of tourists (some which I saw while I was there) every year. The picture to the left gives you an idea of the size difference, the small dots to the right of the tree are people. Lucas filmed Star Wars: return of the jedi in the wood. He also used a local legend from the Miwok Native American Tribe about small furry beings that drove men crazy to come up with Ewoks. Hope you all enjoyed the pictures and small tour :)

1 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger Chiara said...

..yes, I love nature and I love strangers!! :-D
I will definetily come to s.francisco!!
;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home