Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Now that the ice has thawed I can move freely

Erik, that is fantastic that you're going to Berlin to study. A professor of mine recently encouraged me to look into an Erasmus Mundus grad program. There's one that might suit me in Law and Economics. Who knows - I haven't had enough of Europe and many of my friends are headed there, if not getting married. If only there was a maedchen encouraging me to come! Well Erik if I do make it to Europe next year I'll certainly visit and practice the German I've been learning at the Goethe Institute, here in Chicago. Mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut, but it will improve with practice.

This year I will probably not go to Europe, which is sad for me because I wanted to travel the Baltic and Scandinavian countries before I was 25 [i.e. while I'm still young and fetching ;) ]. I am, however, planning on exploring my own continent with a trip to Boston and perhaps Canada. My job is going well and I'm putting in long hours now to make my summer more friendly for traveling.

So what is everyone else up to? I think I got virus-email from Gildas. Did anyone else?

4 Comments:

At 5:34 AM, Blogger Chiara said...

...everything is fine for me...i'm studying for spring exam session...exams never end!
..Erick you're so lucky! I went lsat year in Berlin and the university quarter was very very nice! Have fun there!
hugs from italy!

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Erik van L said...

why do you think you've got a virus from the tiny frenchman?

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger David said...

I don't think I picked up a virus, but I got a couple of strange emails that said "check out my website!" in 4 languages.

Oh, and I spoke too soon - there were snow flakes falling yesterday and the temperatures have been in the 30's and 40's (2-7 Celsius) for 5 days. Ugh.

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Sasha said...

I go that e-mail. Glidas is evil like that. Erik it is great you get a chance to speak german above water! I am going to be traveling to Japan in May and then who knows? Saman did not get into the school in Chicago (he's waitlisted) so we are staying in California as far as I know. There is a chance I may move to LA with him (but I hate LA!). Dave if you want to come out to the west coast just say the word. I want to get back to France and Italy... maybe in 2009? I'm working on my Farsi, which won't be helpful anywhere but Iran, Afganistan and Beverly Hills! Ciao!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home