Sunday, February 17, 2008

Still Kickin' In Chicago

Hey all,

I haven't posted anything in months, so I figure I'll poke my head out and make some noise. I'm in the middle of a very cold and snowy winter here in Chicago. The snow storms have made my commutes to and from work outrageously long - several times I spent three hours in the car going one way!

Besides work, I am taking German classes and brushing up on my math and econ reading. I am not as dedicated a cyclist as Erik, so the bike will remain indoors until the temps get above the freezing mark. I can't wait to start riding again, though. Chicago is very friendly for cyclists (by American standards). And the skyscrapers I see are among the best in the world.

In stupid news: someone stole the license plate to my car! It is doubly annoying because the toll-roads have cameras that scan license plates - if I don't have one then I can get a ticket. So I have to take time out of my work day to get a new one... waiting in line and filling out forms. What a hassle!

My next trip will be to warmer climbs; I'm looking to visit New Orleans. It's about a 13 hour drive from Chicago, along the Mississippi river. They don't have stroopwafels, beautiful tall blond women, or kebabs, but they do have killer jazz and creole food. I can't wait!

Hope all is well. What is going on with you guys?

Here are some pictures from my trip in September:

3 Comments:

At 6:32 AM, Blogger Erik van L said...

Even september seems so long ago. When I was still young...

 
At 5:53 AM, Blogger Chiara said...

...hey did you become old in 5 months? :-D
No Erik! we are young we are free!!
Do you remember the song?!
:-D

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger David said...

I'm young, I'm wild, and I'm free... I got the magic power of the music in me....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home