Sunday, July 23, 2006

If It Makes You Happy It Is Good For You

Here I am in the land of plenty and the home of dynamism. Need I say that I'm energized to be home? Driving on open Ohio roads through rolling green hills with the Smashing Pumpkins as my soundtrack.... ahh it feels good to be home. 5 bucks for a meal (2 pounds fifty for you Europeans), free refills, and no trafffic jams!

Anyhow, I'm working at home for now as I look for jobs in Ohio's capital city, Columbus. Europe was awesome, of course, and I expect to be back before year's end. Everytime I come home I notice new differences about life here in the US, this week being no exception. As much as I like having trains in every town, an abundance of bicycle paths, and vibrant city centres, not having those things adds an element of freedom that just isn't present in Europe. Maybe its the vast amounts of space, perhaps its our live and let live culture, or I maybe I'm deluding myself, but I think a road trip in the US would best explain my feelings. So, I encourage all of you to come to the US someday and find out for yourselves. And don't just stick to the big cities; rent a car and be random. As much as my country is talked about, it must be experienced to be understood.

1 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Blogger Sasha said...

i want to do a road trip to alaska in summer if i could get a licence by then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home